Event Footage: “Blood, Sweat + Vinyl: With Hangedup in Montréal”
Featuring live performance by Hangedup
Shot and Edited by Kenneth Thomas.
la Sala Rossa, Montréal, QC – 21 November 2011.
Montréal, you rule! We arrived to a heaping platter of croissants and coffee, and from there every moment was filled with great food, awesome people, ridiculously good record shops, and enough laughter to cause minor injuries.
We had an unbelievably awesome time, with the following as just a few highlights:
- collaborating with Hangedup, creating video projections for them to create a set of live music that was truly epic to witness
- premiering the film in Montréal, the hometown of Constellation records
- taking in the multitude of independent record shops and bookstores that easily rival those in any metropolitan city
And we sincerely thank:
- Jérémi, Gregory, Audrey, and William – the folks of Pelecanus that put on the event and hosted us. Our adventures were tite to say the least.
- Don – for helping make the Constellation section happen many years ago, for spreading the word, taking us out to dinner, and bestowing us with drinks in his rad pad.
- The folks from Sound Central, l’Oblique, and Dreadlash Photography for putting together a killer merch area. These guys are all worth checking out no matter where you’re located – they are top notch!
Thanks, everybody, for what was one of the greatest weekends in our little film’s history!
Take a look through the photos for the full story.